TIAH is the home of professional development and training for the agriculture and horticulture industry in England.
Launching to the public in 2022, We will be the industry’s professional body. We will help support and transform farming and growing as it undergoes change by promoting training and lifelong learning so employers and employees have the necessary skills for success.
TIAH will inform, inspire and co-ordinate the industry’s approach to skills to:
- Embed a culture of lifelong learning and continuing professional development
- Drive greater uptake of training
- Promote agriculture and horticulture as a progressive, professional and exciting career voice for those within the industry, potential newcomers and consumers
A professional, fully competent workforce will enable businesses to boost their productivity and profitability while protecting and enhancing the environment.
TIAH’s development involves partners from across England’s agriculture and horticulture industry and UK Government.
About the role:
We’re looking for a Communication and Marketing Manager. You will provide dedicated support on communications, marketing, PR and media in the run-up to its launch in Summer 2022 and beyond. As Communication and Marketing Manager, you’ll help build an ongoing coalition of support and endorsement for the Institute across various audiences to help drive forward project milestones.
Department/Group: Membership & Business Development
Position Type: Full-time (35 hrs per week, including occasional evenings/weekends)
Level/Salary Range: Band 2
Position Length: Fixed-term (March 31st 2023) (Possible opportunity for extension depending on securing future funding years.)
Your main responsibilities:
- Draft, design, implement, and maintain:
- Communications strategy and content plan
- Stakeholder communications strategy and management plan
- Marketing strategy and plan, aligned with business targets
- Calendar of events
- Key TIAH documents and templates
- Content development and brand awareness:
- Industry and team engagement
- Qualification or experience in communications and or marketing
- Demonstrate a good understanding of the UK’s food and farming sector and its key stakeholders
- Demonstrate good working relationships with the trade press
- A proven track record in public relations and issues management is desirable.
- Excellent writing and broader communication skills with the ability to distil key messages for target audiences are essential.
- Experience in creating and managing impactful content both on- and off-line whilst maintaining coherence between channels
- Strong organisation and planning skills, with the ability to work to tight deadlines
- Experience in managing projects and suppliers, including quality assurance of output.
- Strong stakeholder management skills, with the ability to build effective relationships with a range of stakeholders.
- Ability to work as a part of a team but be self-disciplined to work alone on a day-to-day basis
- Flexible approach to work, including the ability to recognise a need and act on it
- Ability to solve problems and recommend solutions
- Digital literacy and the ability to quickly pick up new technologies and ways of working
- Ability to juggle and prioritise multiple tasks while meeting tight deadlines within a collaborative team environment
- Ability to interact comfortably and professionally with multiple stakeholders, ranging from colleagues to trustees to members
- Attention to quality and client excellence with excellent attention to detail.
- You will be expected to be set up for remote working, including a dedicated safe workspace with adequate and secure internet connection and reception. Laptop provided.
- You may also be asked to work flexibly as required, including occasional nights and weekends.
- Competitive salary
- Home-based with some UK travel required, including regular team meetings in the West Midlands and London
- Flexible working opportunities within core hours of 9:00 to 17:00 Monday to Friday
- 36 days paid annual leave pro rata inclusive of 8 bank holidays and 3 privilege days at Christmas
- Employee pension scheme with matched employer contributions up to 10%
- Employee assistance programme
- Excellent training and development opportunities
Role subject to review based on the needs of the new organisation
For a full job description please email [email protected]
Apply for the role
Alternatively, please send completed applications to [email protected] with the job title you are applying for as the subject line.
- Applications must include a covering letter (of no more than 2 sides of A4) and CV
- Recruitment for most roles will be undertaken on a rolling basis so please submit your application as soon as possible.
- Interviews will be held virtually via Microsoft Teams.
- Please note that incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Applicants must have the right to work in the UK
- Secondments will be considered